Yes you read it right.Fats are brain food….Our brains are made up of 60% fat. So going on low fat diets can hamper your memory. Remember those crash diet days when you were on zero fat diets and at work you could hardly concentrate? Now you know why. Fats help to improve memory power.
How can you keep your mental function at its peak?
- By increasing your intake of omega 3 fatty acids such as fish, nuts, flaxseeds etc
- Oils such as olive oil, rice bran, mustard, groundnut oil provide monounsaturated fatty acids, which are good for the brain.
- Seeds such as flaxseeds, sunflower seeds too provide linolenic acid which provide help to improve cognitive power.
- Most of the above mentioned foods also contain antioxidants like polyphenols and Vitamin E which are brain protective and can prevent Alzheimer’s etc
- Fruits such as avocados too are great for brain health….
So next time you have to present a hard presentation at office, eat a handful of nuts to get smarter and work better…..