Insulin is a hormone that is produced by the pancreas and is required for maintaining sugar levels in the body, people with type 1 diabetes the pancreas does not produce insulin. And in type 2 diabetes insulin does not work as it nornally should . The amount of insulin produced by the pancreas may also be [...]
When you eat a meal, the carbohydrate (starch, sugar or glucose) is absorbed from your intestines. Sugar enters the blood stream and is delivered to your liver. Normally, the pancreas simultaneously secretes insulin which is also delivered to your liver. Insulin acts like a key to the gas cap of a car. It opens the [...]
About The Author
Hello readers, I am Sanjana Shenoy, a dietitian from Mangalore. A post graduate diploma holder in “Dietetics” and a university topper from Welcomgroup School of Hotel Administration from the prestigious Manipal University and completed my Masters of Science in Dietetics and Food Service Management from IGNOU.
- Isabgol- The Colon cleanser June 12, 2008
- Ways to cure Fatty liver July 22, 2009
- Bottle gourd- Guard against diseases June 18, 2008
- How to lose weight with Bottle Gourd March 20, 2009
- What are White Oats? June 8, 2008
- Wheat germ and its Benefits June 10, 2008
- How to lose weight on Weekends… April 7, 2013
- How to know if you are going to have a Heart Attack March 14, 2013
- Foods that affect your sleep December 19, 2012
- Home made remedies for common cold December 14, 2012
- Health benefits of Pears December 11, 2012
- SPROUTS – A Storehouse of Neutraceuticals December 3, 2012
- Prathibha: Dear Sanjana, My 5 yrs old daugh...
- Umang: Hi Dr. I am naturotherapist here in Gujarat I do...
- tamanna: Hi , I used isabgol thrice when my stomach was up...
- Gln: my son is doing his 1st standard... 6 yrs complete...
- Sanjana - Dietitian: Hi Rocky, You do not have to soak flaxseeds. Just...
- Sanjana - Dietitian: Hi Perry, I suppose you may have to cut down the ...
Like us on Facebook
Follow @nutritweets on Twitter