Pistachios have always been a tasty nut but have always been blamed for the wrong reasons. In India, they have been spotted in the wrong places or rather we can say in the wrong foods. They are in our burfis and many other high calorie sweets. They take the main place on the tables while [...]
A query from a faithful subscriber. I am a male of 33 years of age,recently diagnosed with Grade 1 fatty liver. How can I get rid of this problem? Besides I am gaining weight around the mid section. Kindly advise me the treatment and food I should follow. My reply: Fatty liver is a common [...]
Chocolate is my favorite food in the world. My friends keep telling me that anyone can lure me away with chocolates. They have received a lot of beating from all because they are high in calories and can cause cavities. Poor chocolate. In my previous post, http://nutrihealth.in/2008/10/the-brighter-side-of-chocolates/ , I have told you the “feel good” [...]
Nuts have always been in the bad news for years together. Now recently the myth has been been proved wrong and now they are tiny little angels who provide good fats and are nutritious. So is everyone confused about peanut butter. Peanut butter is considered a high fat food and is said to deposit on [...]
Oats has become a well known cholesterol buster and also controls your blood sugars. It is commonly eaten at breakfast but you can have white oats as dessert too. You can team it with dry fruits and nuts and yogurt. Cut fruits too can be added as a fruit salad and the yogurt can replace [...]
Soya products are being rated quite high on the nutritional front and has been a boon to people who are allergic to milk and its products. Tofu is a kind of cheese made from soya milk. It is quite similar to cottage cheese or paneer. It is highly nutritious, rich in proteins and is free [...]
Nuts are always in the debate and it has been stuck in the mind that they are “high calorie” and “cholesterol increasing food” for decades. We really need to come out of the fact that are teeny weeny devils. Once such culprit is peanuts which has been a favorite for all ages. It is a [...]
Ever thought about pumpkin seeds which we hardly use. They are quite nutritious and a powerhouse of vitamins. They are the ultimate health boosters and one of the tasty healthy foods. If you do have zinc deficiencies, then these seeds are for you to eat. Although they are small in size, they are high in [...]
This is a debate going on for quite sometime whether the yolk is bad or not. Many diet freaks avoid them like the plague. But I say eat the yolk. It all depends on how many you are eating. It is not necessary to have cholesterol free diets. We do need some cholesterol. It is [...]
About The Author
Hello readers, I am Sanjana Shenoy, a dietitian from Mangalore. A post graduate diploma holder in “Dietetics” and a university topper from Welcomgroup School of Hotel Administration from the prestigious Manipal University and completed my Masters of Science in Dietetics and Food Service Management from IGNOU.
- Isabgol- The Colon cleanser June 12, 2008
- Ways to cure Fatty liver July 22, 2009
- Bottle gourd- Guard against diseases June 18, 2008
- How to lose weight with Bottle Gourd March 20, 2009
- What are White Oats? June 8, 2008
- Wheat germ and its Benefits June 10, 2008
- How to lose weight on Weekends… April 7, 2013
- How to know if you are going to have a Heart Attack March 14, 2013
- Foods that affect your sleep December 19, 2012
- Home made remedies for common cold December 14, 2012
- Health benefits of Pears December 11, 2012
- SPROUTS – A Storehouse of Neutraceuticals December 3, 2012
- Umang: Hi Dr. I am naturotherapist here in Gujarat I do...
- tamanna: Hi , I used isabgol thrice when my stomach was up...
- Gln: my son is doing his 1st standard... 6 yrs complete...
- Sanjana - Dietitian: Hi Rocky, You do not have to soak flaxseeds. Just...
- Sanjana - Dietitian: Hi Perry, I suppose you may have to cut down the ...
- Purandhar (Perry) Setlur: I live in a suburb of Toronto, Ontario, Canada and...
Like us on Facebook
Follow @nutritweets on Twitter