It’s just the opposite. Starchy vegetables and bread (whole-grain bread, that is) are quality carbs needed to fuel every part of you, from your brain to your muscles. What gets you into trouble is how you eat them: Smear butter on a slice of whole-wheat bread or deep-fry potatoes and you can double, triple, or quadruple the calories.
Potatoes and bread are fattening.
About Sanjana ShenoyA dietitian from Mangalore, India. A post graduate diploma holder in “Dietetics” and a university topper from Welcomgroup School of Hotel Administration from the prestigious Manipal University. At present working as a Dietitian for the Manipal Group of Hospitals namely KMC hospital Mangalore, India. Consultant for corporates like Infosys and others, conducting talks and presentations for various associations and local television shows.
About The Author
Hello readers, I am Sanjana Shenoy, a dietitian from Mangalore. A post graduate diploma holder in “Dietetics” and a university topper from Welcomgroup School of Hotel Administration from the prestigious Manipal University and completed my Masters of Science in Dietetics and Food Service Management from IGNOU.
- Ways to cure Fatty liver July 22, 2009
- Isabgol- The Colon cleanser June 12, 2008
- Bottle gourd- Guard against diseases June 18, 2008
- How to lose weight with Bottle Gourd March 20, 2009
- What are White Oats? June 8, 2008
- Wheat germ and its Benefits June 10, 2008
- Diabetes Diet Myths Decoded March 1, 2015
- Diet to treat Infertility and boost fertility November 8, 2014
- How to lose weight on Weekends… April 7, 2013
- How to know if you are going to have a Heart Attack March 14, 2013
- Foods that affect your sleep December 19, 2012
- Home made remedies for common cold December 14, 2012
- ashwani lodhi: I am suffering with fatty liver grade 2 with pain ...
- Santhosh: Very informative! Some people say not to consume I...
- soumen paul: hi, is it hygienic to have unboiled amul taaz...
- om parkash goyal: i try bhindi soak water from last 15 days my fasti...
- lijaliju: For sgot should be reduce wat to do...
- Kalpesh: I have a ulcerative colitis can I take is goal ?...