Pizza is a popular Italian dish now eaten regularly by all over the world. It is a yummy dish laden with cheese and has a base made out of bread. A regular pizza can pack in as many as 700-800 calories. With toppings like pepperoni/ham, extra cheese, Chinese meatballs etc can give you more than 1000 calories. The cheese can give you saturated fats and the bread or the base is made from white bread which is nutritionally poor. But it is impossible to resist it. So what do you do when you have to give in to the cravings? Try the following tips.
- Eat small size pizzas and share them. So you end up eating only half of it if you consciously want to reduce the intake.
- Order thin crust so that you can cut down on the bread, hence you will be eating lesser calories and lesser carbohydrates compared to the thick crust.
- Avoid cheese filled crusts which can guarantee surplus unwanted calories.
- Choose vegetarian toppings which have peppers of all colours, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions. They do give you a little fiber. If you do want to a eat a non vegetarian pizza, go for chicken shredded and strictly avoid any processed meat like sausages or fried meat for toppings.
- Do not ask for extra cheese. Lesser the better.
- Do not add too much of ketchup or mustard. Again unwanted calories and salt into your system.
- Order for some salad soup or salad before you binge. You will have lesser space for more pizza.
- Drink fresh juice or lemon tea or lime juice rather than coke or any other soft drinks to go with the pizza. Even chilled water can do good.
- To reduce the fat on a pizza, blotting with tissue can definitely reduce the fat intake. At least one tenth of the fat reduces.
- Opt for wheat bases which are healthier than white flour bases.
Try out these tips for better eating. Ciao!!!