Hunger is one feeling which many struggle to curb. Isabgol or psyllium husks can help you out. A teaspoon of this husk mixed in warm or cool water or in buttermilk, can be consumed before meals and this will cut down the hunger pangs and prevent uncontrolled binges. Isabgol swells up in the stomach and gives you the feeling of fullness. So in turn it helps to reduce your food intake, cuts down calories and helps you to lose weight. A word of caution, do not take more than 3 teaspoons of isabgol. Excess of fiber can give you indigestion, flatulence etc. This is not a supplement and is not going to dissolve or remove any food from the intestines. It does not reduce the fat intake in the body but just helps to cut down calories.
Isabgol and weight loss
About Sanjana ShenoyA dietitian from Mangalore, India. A post graduate diploma holder in “Dietetics” and a university topper from Welcomgroup School of Hotel Administration from the prestigious Manipal University. At present working as a Dietitian for the Manipal Group of Hospitals namely KMC hospital Mangalore, India. Consultant for corporates like Infosys and others, conducting talks and presentations for various associations and local television shows.
About The Author
Hello readers, I am Sanjana Shenoy, a dietitian from Mangalore. A post graduate diploma holder in “Dietetics” and a university topper from Welcomgroup School of Hotel Administration from the prestigious Manipal University and completed my Masters of Science in Dietetics and Food Service Management from IGNOU.
- Isabgol- The Colon cleanser June 12, 2008
- Ways to cure Fatty liver July 22, 2009
- Bottle gourd- Guard against diseases June 18, 2008
- How to lose weight with Bottle Gourd March 20, 2009
- What are White Oats? June 8, 2008
- Wheat germ and its Benefits June 10, 2008
- How to lose weight on Weekends… April 7, 2013
- How to know if you are going to have a Heart Attack March 14, 2013
- Foods that affect your sleep December 19, 2012
- Home made remedies for common cold December 14, 2012
- Health benefits of Pears December 11, 2012
- SPROUTS – A Storehouse of Neutraceuticals December 3, 2012
- Umang: Hi Dr. I am naturotherapist here in Gujarat I do...
- tamanna: Hi , I used isabgol thrice when my stomach was up...
- Gln: my son is doing his 1st standard... 6 yrs complete...
- Sanjana - Dietitian: Hi Rocky, You do not have to soak flaxseeds. Just...
- Sanjana - Dietitian: Hi Perry, I suppose you may have to cut down the ...
- Purandhar (Perry) Setlur: I live in a suburb of Toronto, Ontario, Canada and...
Like us on Facebook
Follow @nutritweets on Twitter