Pears have always been around and come in different shapes and sizes. Pears have a lovely, crunchy feel and are considered as a healthy snack. It has numerous health benefits and is frequently used in various cuisines. It is used in salads and desserts widely. Lets have a look at its health benefits.
Benefits of Pears
- It is really good for digestion because of its high fiber content.
- It has cancer preventing properties not only because of its fiber content but also because of the various antioxidants such as flavanols, carotenoids etc present in it.
- Its fiber content helps in reducing the cholesterol levels.
- It has a low glycemic index and is beneficial to diabetics.
- It can be stewed and used as baby food as well as for convalescing patients.
- It is said to be an immune booster because of its vitamin C content.
Although the pear shape which denotes lower body obesity is not desirable, but this fruit prevents one from becoming pear shaped and helps one to be overall healthy. Do not forget to add this fruit in your shopping cart and get ready to bear its goodness.