Stairs climbing is the best way to reduce body fat and burn calories. It is estimated that approximately 75 calories utilizes in the 15-20 minutes of climbing stairs. A stair climbing is not just useful to reduce excess fat; it also makes strong muscles of lower portion of body and joints. Climbing stairs is also useful to enhance blood circulation. A stair climbing utilizes the muscles of buttocks, quadriceps and legs. This type of workout can be an extreme activity for the leg muscles and heart.
The intensity of stair climbing as an aerobic exercise enhances its cardiovascular benefits. Stair climbing increases oxygen intake to the heart, reducing the risk of heart disease and deep vein thrombosis. General fitness is improved and stamina increased. Stair climbing burns calories and increases muscle tone while reducing fat. Intensive aerobic exercise also acts as an antidepressant and de-stresser. In under half an hour, stair climbing provides a free, convenient, time efficient and intensive workout with great benefits for anyone up to the challenge.
- No special equipment is needed.
- Stair climbing can be accumulated across the course of the day, making a significant contribution to the recommended 30 minutes of daily physical activity
- There is a significantly lower risk of mortality when climbing more than 55 flights per week
Stair climbing requires about 8 – 11kcal of energy per minute, which is high compared to other moderate level physical activities.
- Active stair climbers are more fit and have a higher aerobic capacity.
- Even two flights of stairs climbed per day can lead to 6 lbs of weight loss over one year .
- There is a strong association between stair climbing and bone density in post-menopausal women.
- Climbing stairs can improve the amount of “good cholesterol” in the blood .
- Stair climbing increases leg power and may be an important priority in reducing the risk of injury from falls in the elderly.
- Stair climbing can help you achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- Stair climbing can help you build and maintain healthy bones, muscles and joints.