I just love to hang out with friends but what always comes with socializing are ugly empty calories. It is very tough sometimes to resist the yummy food but we need to exercise control…
A few tips if you keep in mind can help you out….
- Eat a fruit before leaving as you are not too hungry when you reach the restaurant as you will end up ordering the yummy calorie laden food.
- Order a nice salad without any dressing and keep munching through out the meals.
- A nice cold soup or clear soup without cream helps to fill up right.
- A healthy starter such as grilled/baked fish, chicken or cottage cheese. If they do offer tofu, opt for it too.
- Main courses are the culprit but you can decrease the portion sizes. Share the dishes and eat. Eat very little of the main course if it is high in calories. If you have started healthy, then you will definitely end up eating right till the end.
- Desserts too can kill your diet. Opt for fresh fruits with chaat masala or plain or with low fat yogurt. If you do need to eat a dish which is a birthday cake then share it or opt for a smaller piece.
Follow these few tips and you will love eating out……