My favorite ingredient in a veggie stirfry or a salad is vinegar. Vinegar has been used for ages but have you ever wondered what could be the benefits of vinegar. Lets have a look at them why you need to add them in your cooking
- Firstly vinegar helps to slow down the absorption of sugar from the blood. Hence is great for diabetics or others who want to maintain their blood sugars.
- I love the fact that adding vinegar helps to cut down the amount of salt I need to add and plus it tastes great and makes the veggies crispy and scrumptious.
- Adding vinegar helps to replace the amount of fats you need to add and can replace mayonnaise which is high in calories and cholesterol.
- You can marinate fish, chicken and other meats with vinegar for tenderizing and for faster cooking.
- Kids love the tangy flavour and you get them to eat their veggies.
- Greens and most of the veggies should be washed in vinegar to remove worms, eggs etc. hence you will have squeaky clean veggies.
This does not mean downing apple cider vinegar for weight loss. It is completely baseless and is really hard on the stomach. So next time when you need a healthy dressing reach for vinegar…..