Tulsi or holy basil is common at every Hindu home and are known for its therapeutic benefits. Tulsi tea, basically made from Tulsi leaves, now promoted by various brands, has gained popularity of its health benefits. Lets have a look at few of the benefits of drinking Tusli tea..
- It is devoid of caffeine and therefore can replace tea and coffee.
- Increases your metabolism and helps in weight loss. This happens mainly as you are not gulping down sugar laden lattes and mochas or even your regular expressos.
- Rich in antioxidants and help to prevent aging and prevents cancer.
- Helps to destress and soothes and calms your system.
- Acts as a decongestent and helps relieve colds and improves immunity.
Tulsi may be mixed with other herbs to improve the benefits.
Organic India Tulsi tea is excellant and is easily available at various stores. If you do not find it in your hometown, you can always grow it at home and stew it with water.
My recommendation is to drink tulsi tea before and after meditation as it helpes to create the mood to meditate successfully and maximize the benefits..