New Zealand is not only famous for its cricket team, but also for the Star of the Fruits, Kiwi fruit. Its vibrant green color is so appealing, whilst its health benefits are even more appealing. The whole fruit along with its seeds and skin is edible and tasty. Lets peruse through the benefits it has to offer.
Health benefits of the Kiwi Fruit:
Treasure of antioxidants–
- Kiwi fruit is rich in antioxidants such as lutein, a carotenoid which is known to prevent cataracts and various cancers.
- It is also rich in vitamin C, another antioxidant which strengthens the immune system, prevents arthritis, cancers etc.
- It is rich in vitamin E, a major antioxidant which improves cardiac health and immunity.
High mineral content:
- It is rich in potassium, which reduces the blood pressure and improves the fluid balance in our body.
- Its high copper content too helps improving bone integrity and immunity.
- Its magnesium content helps to improve bone health.
- Kiwi is rich in zinc which helps to improve hair and skin health.
Other health benefits of Kiwi Fruit
- This fruit is said to be heart friendly as its fiber content, high folate content along with vitamin E, helps to reduce cholesterol levels and prevent heart disease. Research also says that including kiwi fruit in the diet helps to reduce clot formation and arterial blockages. It is also known to have compounds which thin the blood.
- Its high fiber content, improves gut integrity and prevent constipation as well as colon cancers.
The wondrous fruit can be marvelous for health. It can be scooped out with a spoon and eaten as a snack. It can be added to salads, and can be consumed in the form of smoothies. Next time you plan to go shopping, do not forget to add this fruit in your shopping list.