8 cups – watermelon cubes, deseeded
1 cup – lime juice
1 1/2 cups – water
1 cup – sugar
Blend watermelon and lemon juice till smooth.
Dissolve sugar in water on low heat.
Heat till mixture boils (approx. 5 minutes).
Remove from and heat and cool till warm.
Add it to watermelon juice.
Chill the lemonade.
Pour into glasses filled 1/4th with crashed ice.
Serve immediately .
1 tsp salt
1 cup curd
few sprigs of mint
½ tsp black pepper
2 tbsps lemon juice
2 cups chilled water
1 cup papaya; ripe, well mashed
Blend curd, then add water and blend again.
Add mashed papaya, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
Beat or blend again. Pour in individual glasses and add ice cubes.
Garnish with mint and serve cold.
For sweet lassi add 2 tbsp sugar instead of salt, lime juice and pepper
The water of tender coconut, technically the liquid endosperm, is the most nutritious wholesome beverage that the nature has provided for the people of the tropics to fight the sultry heat. It has caloric value of 17.4 per 100gm
It’s a natural isotonic beverage with the same level of electrolytic balance as we have in our blood. It’s the fluid of life.
Numerous medicinal properties of tender coconut water reported are:-
- Good for feeding infants suffering from intestinal disturbances.
- Oral rehydration medium for various diseases such as diarrhoea.
- Contains organic compounds possessing growth promoting properties.
- Keeps the body cool and prevents dehydration.
- Application on the body prevents prickly heat and summer boils and subsides the rashes caused by small pox, chicken pox, measles, etc.
- Kills intestinal worms.
- Checks urinary infections and effective in the treatment of kidney and urethral stones.
- Excellent tonic for the old and sick.
- Cures malnourishment by meeting the energy requirements.
- It acts as a Diuretic balance your pH and reduce risk of cancer.
- It can be injected intravenously in emergency case.
- Found as blood plasma substitute because it is sterile, does not produce heat, does not destroy red blood cells and is readily accepted by the body.
- Aids the quick absorption of the drugs and makes their peak concentration in the blood easier by its electrolytic effect.
- Urinary antiseptic and eliminates poisons in case of mineral poisoning.
Coconut helps detoxify and flush toxins out of the body and cleanses your digestive tract.
- Coconut heals hot flashes and restores emotional stability in menopausal women.
- Boosts immune system.
- It has more potassium and lesser sodium than any sports or energy drink
- Coconut water contains high levels of lauric acid which is what is used by the body to make monolaurin -– a disease fighting fatty acid derivative. Lauric acid has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which protect the body against various infections and boosts the immune system.
Coconut water also helps relieve constipation, improves intestinal function and promotes digestive health -– it is often recommended to people suffering from acidity and ulcers.
Constipation, sluggish digestion and heartburn are common problems during pregnancy and can be helped to some extent by drinking coconut water.
In the heat of summer when you are looking for something other than water to quench your thirst, you can have this nutritious and refreshing beverage instead of sugar and calorie laden aerated drinks and fruit juices. It is naturally sterile and so perfect for drinking while travelling without the fear of contamination.
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 banana, frozen
6 strawberries, frozen
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp. skim milk powder
1 heaping tbsp. high- quality protein powder (optional)
1 tsp. flax oil (optional)
In a blender, process all the ingredients until thoroughly mixed and serve. This is a yummy frothy shake and can act as a wonderful post exercise drink.
2 Fresh Carrots
For all of you tomato juice lovers out there, here is a great juice combo to get you going. Wash the tomatoes thoroughly, remove the stems, then juice with the tomato skin still intact with the carrots. Do not juice the stems or leaves of the tomato plant, as they are extremely bitter and will ruin the flavor of your juice mixture.
Tomatoes are full of vitamin C, one medium size tomato can contain as much as 60% of the daily recommended value of vitamin C. Tomatoes are also rich in vitamin A, potassium, iron, magnesium, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, and many others. This juice combo is definitely a strong antioxidant and anti cancer recipe.
Go ahead try it out…..