The most common question my clients ask is, “Can I go easy on the weekend and eat a bit more?” or “Do I need to follow the diet on a weekend?”. Now that got me thinking why some of my clients are unable to keep up with the diet plans consistently and see very slow [...]
Owing to the drastic change in lifestyle heart attack has become more common in the technological era. Yet most of us fail to identify the symptoms when heart attack strikes. Family history of heart problems makes one more susceptible to heart attacks. ‘Adding fuel to fire’, erratic eating and sleeping patterns, consumption of junk foods, [...]
“Oh! I am so tired, I didn’t sleep well last night. I don’t even remember when was it last time that I slept like a log.” Are you unable to get a goodnight’s sleep? You are not the only one, there are many others who find it difficult to get a sound and fitful sleep. [...]
Come winters common cold is common in almost every household. The presence of viruses which become active with the onset of winter triggers running of the nose and a host of other respiratory diseases. Cold often always begins with the nose, but slowly starts affecting the whole body. The symptoms include running nose, sneezing, sore throat, chills, fever, headache and [...]
Pears have always been around and come in different shapes and sizes. Pears have a lovely, crunchy feel and are considered as a healthy snack. It has numerous health benefits and is frequently used in various cuisines. It is used in salads and desserts widely. Lets have a look at its health benefits. Benefits of [...]
Sprouting is a process of germinating seeds in which a tiny shoot arises from the seed. Homemade sprouts are a common way of having fresh vegetables either in the raw or cooked form. A neutraceutical is a food product that provides immense health and medical benefits. Sprouts are indeed a storehouse of health benefits. The [...]
Life on earth, especially for humans, requires that we consume a lot of food, so much food in fact that the average person will consume between 60,000 and 100,000lbs in their lifetime! Most of that food should be healthy but some of it really isn’t and having the wrong foods in our diet can lead [...]
New Zealand is not only famous for its cricket team, but also for the Star of the Fruits, Kiwi fruit. Its vibrant green color is so appealing, whilst its health benefits are even more appealing. The whole fruit along with its seeds and skin is edible and tasty. Lets peruse through the benefits it has [...]
Deconstructing Bowel cancer bowel cancer, commonly known as bowel cancer starts in the large intestine (colon) or in the rectum (end of colon). Some of the symptoms synonymous with colon cancer include pain the abdomen, change in bowel habits like onset of diarrhea or constipation, blood in stools, anemia, sudden weight loss for no apparent [...]
About The Author
Hello readers, I am Sanjana Shenoy, a dietitian from Mangalore. A post graduate diploma holder in “Dietetics” and a university topper from Welcomgroup School of Hotel Administration from the prestigious Manipal University and completed my Masters of Science in Dietetics and Food Service Management from IGNOU.
- Isabgol- The Colon cleanser June 12, 2008
- Ways to cure Fatty liver July 22, 2009
- Bottle gourd- Guard against diseases June 18, 2008
- How to lose weight with Bottle Gourd March 20, 2009
- What are White Oats? June 8, 2008
- Wheat germ and its Benefits June 10, 2008
- How to lose weight on Weekends… April 7, 2013
- How to know if you are going to have a Heart Attack March 14, 2013
- Foods that affect your sleep December 19, 2012
- Home made remedies for common cold December 14, 2012
- Health benefits of Pears December 11, 2012
- SPROUTS – A Storehouse of Neutraceuticals December 3, 2012
- Umang: Hi Dr. I am naturotherapist here in Gujarat I do...
- tamanna: Hi , I used isabgol thrice when my stomach was up...
- Gln: my son is doing his 1st standard... 6 yrs complete...
- Sanjana - Dietitian: Hi Rocky, You do not have to soak flaxseeds. Just...
- Sanjana - Dietitian: Hi Perry, I suppose you may have to cut down the ...
- Purandhar (Perry) Setlur: I live in a suburb of Toronto, Ontario, Canada and...
Like us on Facebook
Follow @nutritweets on Twitter